Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Like magic!


Strange how new characters just walk into your life when you least expect it. This particular lady had me writing for several hours today. It almost feels like someone else was holding my pen.

I am writing by hand in the beginning of a book. My thoughts are quicker when I have these inspired moments and I simply wouldn’t be able to write them down as fast on the keyboard, as by hand. I am aware of that I have to re-write it all in a word-document, but usually that helps me add information that I missed. It is interesting that I had this sudden inspiration because this lady-character is telling me e completely new story. It is not a children’s book anymore. It is a crimenovel. Ideas that have been lying calmly, waiting for the right time to come, have suddenly bloomed. I have the setting for a brand new tale and after years of waiting for things to fall into place, I can finally understand my earlier plans for this crimenovel. It is an interesting thing, the mind. If you trust your hunches, they are usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level. This time I am sure glad I did.

Jag har haft besök av inspiration I sin högsta form! Det är lika härligt varje gång pennan bara far fram över sidorna, utan att kunna stanna. Även om jag bara plottar på den tredje barnboken just nu, ligger det någonstans i bakhuvudet en önskan om att få hitta en annan historia som jag ska känna för att skriva lika starkt som min trilogi. Igår kom den. Eller, egentligen var den en idé som jag fått se glimtar av men inte förstod hur jag skulle få ihop. Ända sedan jag gick en skriva-deckare-kurs 2008 har delar till en historia funnits i mitt huvud. Jag har väntat och väntat för att förstå hur jag skulle få ihop allting och så plötsligt igår, pang, trädde en ny karaktär fram som genom magi. Jag har aldrig sett en karaktär så tydlig någonsin och vad hon skulle säga och göra kom lika tydligt det.
Jag har lärt mig att inte hoppa högt förrän jag har en hel plot ihopsnickrad och ett nästintill färdigt manus framför mig, men detta verkar onekligen lovande.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...